Angel Kids Pediatrics is seeking Medical Assistants to work at multiple locations.
The Medical Assistant performs assigned tasks in clinic settings to meet the care needs of patients. The medical assistant participates as a member of the health care team and accepts appropriate delegation from the physician or supervisor in meeting the needs of the patients/organization. The Medical assistant performs assigned tasks in accordance with the patient care plan, organizations policies and procedures. This may include verifying patient information, maintaining patient privacy, reviewing and/or recording medication history to ensure EHR is current, taking vitals, confirming purpose of visit or treatment, educating patient, assisting physician with procedures, administers medications, including vaccines as directed by physician. The medical assistant is required to ensure patient safety using positive patient identification protocols and obtain the appropriate consents as required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets, receives, and prepares patients for appointments/procedures; conducts interviews with patients, measures vital signs, and records information
- Performs routine laboratory tests on patients as provided by established protocol
- Maintains nursing stations and examination areas in a manner consistent with OSHA standards and Universal Precautions procedures
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies and materials
- Receives and screens telephone calls
- Schedules patient appointments
- Coordinates patient flow
- Maintains office/department and patient records
- Prepares timely, legible, and complete documentation of all patient care as provided by law, regulation, and established policy
- Participates in quality improvement and utilization review activities
- Participates in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities and stay abreast of current technologies/practices
- Applies safety principles as identified by established policy
- Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to patient confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance with JCAHO, federal, state, and local regulations
- Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals
- Adjusts to fluctuating peaks in patient flow, acuity, and other operational demands while maintaining quality
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of formal training program as nursing/medical assistant and/or comparable experience in clinical setting.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies.
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
- Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Strong charting/documentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Minimum 1 year of pediatric experience
to apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org