Last updated: April 2020
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
NOTE: Throughout this document, the terms You/Your Refers to the Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) and i ALSO Includes and extends to the Minor Child.
This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how Angel Kids Pediatrics may use and disclose your protected health information (PHI) to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations (TPO) and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law.) It also describes your rights to access and control your protected health information. “Protected health information” is information about you, including demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health condition and related health care services.
USES AND DISCLOSURES OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Your protected health information may be used and disclosed by your physician, Angel Kids Pediatrics staff and others outside of Angel Kids Pediatrics staff that are involved in your care and treatment for the purpose of providing health care services to you, to pay your health care bills, to support the operation of the physician’s practice, and any other use required by law. We have safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with federal and state guidelines. Examples of such uses and disclosures are included, but are not limited to the following below:
- Treatment: We maintain records of the health information you provide to us. This may include information on, but not limited to, test results, medications, diagnoses, and information about your medical condition that we learn via Angel Kids Pediatrics online services. We will use and disclose your protected health information to provide, coordinate, or manage your health care and any related services. This includes the coordination or management of your health care with a third party. For example, your protected health information may be provided to a physician to whom you have been referred to ensure that the physician has the necessary information to diagnose or treat you.
- Payment: Your protected health information will be used, as needed, to obtain payment for your healthcare services. For example, obtaining approval for a hospital stay may require that your relevant protected health information be disclosed to the health plan to obtain approval for the hospital admission. We document the services and supplies provided to you when Angel Kids Pediatrics is providing care to you so that you, your insurance company, or another third party can pay us for services rendered.
- Healthcare operations: These activities include, but are not limited to, quality assessment, employee review, training of medical students, licensing, fundraising, and conducting or arranging for other business activities. For example, we may use or disclose your protected health information, as necessary, to contact you to remind you of your appointment, and inform you about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use or disclose your protected health information in the following situations without your authorization. These situations include: compliance with federal, state, or local laws that require disclosure, federal oversight compliance such as investigations into fraud, public health issues as required by law, communicable diseases, health oversight, abuse or neglect, food and drug administration requirements, legal proceedings, law enforcement, coroners, funeral directors, organ donation, research, clinical activity, military activity and national security, workers’ compensation, inmates, and other required uses and disclosures. Under the law, we must make disclosures available to you upon your request. Under the law, we must also disclose your protected health information when required by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services to investigate or determine our compliance with the requirements under Section 164.500.
Other Permitted and Required Uses and Disclosures will be made only with your consent, authorization, or opportunity to object unless required by law. You may revoke the authorization, at any time, in writing, except to the extent that your physician or the physician’s practice has taken an action in reliance on the use or disclosure indicated in the authorization.
What are the Healthcare Professionals’ Responsibilities?
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information.
- Provide this Notice of our duties and privacy practices.
- Abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
- Tell you if there has been a breach that compromises your health information.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices and make the new practices effective for all the information we maintain. Revised notices will be posted on the Angel Kids Pediatrics webpage.
The following are statements of your rights with respect to your protected health information.
You have the right to inspect and copy your protected health information (fees may apply) – Under federal law, however, you may not inspect or copy the following records: psychotherapy notes, information compiled in reasonable anticipation of, or used in, a civil, criminal, or administrative action or proceeding, protected health information restricted by law, information that is related to medical research in which you have agreed to participate, information whose disclosure my result in harm or injury to you or to another person, or information that was obtained under a promise of confidentiality.
You have the right to request to receive confidential communications – You have the right to request confidential communication from us by alternative means or at an alternative location. You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this notice from us, upon request, even if you have agreed to accept this notice alternatively, i.e. electronically.
You have the right to request an amendment to your protected health information – If we deny your request for amendment, you have the right to file a statement of disagreement with us and we may prepare a rebuttal to your statement and will provide you with a copy of any such rebuttal.
You have the right to receive an accounting of certain disclosures – You have the right to receive an accounting of all disclosures except for disclosures: pursuant to an authorization, for purposes of treatment, payment, healthcare operations; required by law, that occurred prior to April 14, 2003, or six years prior to the date of this request.
You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this notice from us even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We reserve the right to change the terms of this notice and we will notify you of such changes on the following appointment. We will also make available copies of our new notice if you wish to obtain one.
You may complain to us or to the Secretary of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated by us. You may file a complaint with us by notifying our Compliance Officer of your complaint. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint with us or with the Secretary.
We are required by law to maintain the privacy of, and provide individuals with, this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information. We are also required to abide by the terms of the notice currently in effect. If you have any questions in reference to this form, please ask to speak with our HIPAA Compliance Officer in person or by phone at our main phone number.
To file a complaint with us or receive more information contact:
Address: 13241 Bartram Park Blvd, Suite 209, Jacksonville, FL 32258
To file a complaint with the Secretary of Health and Human Services write to 200 Independence Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20201, call 1-800-537-7697, or file an online complaint at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf.
Who Will Follow This Notice?
This Notice describes the health care practices of:
- Any Healthcare Professional authorized to access and/or enter information into your health record;
- All departments and units of Angel Kids Pediatrics through which online health services are provided; and
- All affiliates and volunteers.
Children under age 18.
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 18 to create Accounts that allow access to our Site.
The Personal information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information.
- Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
- Health information about you prepared or obtained by the Healthcare Professionals(s) who provide clinical services through the Site such as medical and therapy records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information.
- Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information, or that we receive from a health plan, employer or other provider of healthcare benefits on your behalf.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site.
- Other information you input into the Site or related services.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to the restrictions relating to the use of Health Information described in Section I):
- To provide you with the Services.
- To improve healthcare quality through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities.
- To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Services.
- To notify you when Site updates are available.
- To market and promote the Site and the Services to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information.
- For the purposes described in Section I relating to the use of Health Information.
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide (subject to the restrictions relating to the use of Health Information described in Section I):
Information We Collect via Technology.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Doctor On Demand's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
As you use the Site or the Services, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
Information You Share With Third Parties.
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, "Anonymous Information").
- Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and Services easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Doctor On Demand. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you will not be able to stay logged in to the Site. We may also use Pixels to make the Site and Services easier to use and to make our advertising better by, for example, summarizing usage patterns. We presently do not honor "Do Not Track" requests across all parts of our Site.
- Mobile Services. We may collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
Modification of Information.
Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations on Deletion of Information.
Steps we take to keep your information secure.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information, such as encryption. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Practices, or would like to report a violation, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com