A patient-centered medical home is a model of care that strengthens the physician-patient relationship by replacing episodic care with coordinated care and a long-term healing relationship. Each patient has an ongoing relationship with a personal physician who leads a team at a single location that takes collective responsibility for patient care, providing for the patient’s health care needs and arranging for appropriate care with other qualified clinicians. The medical home is intended to result in more personalized, coordinated, effective and efficient care. A medical home achieves these goals through a high level of accessibility, providing excellent communication among patients, physicians and staff and taking full advantage of the latest information technology to prescribe, communicate, track test results, obtain clinical support information and monitor performance.
We have worked hard to provide our patients with more access to care and information. For example:
• Late hours and weekend appointments
• Same day sick appointments
• 24 hour access to medical information through Patient Portal
• More in-office services such as, bilirubin monitoring, labs, and allergy testing
• Seven convenient locations to serve the Jacksonville community