Your teen may be adjusting to the transition to high school. Development of family relationships continues to be important, but it is also normal for teens to place more and more emphasis on their peer relationships. There are no scheduled immunizations at this visit unless your child is behind and needs to catch up on immunizations.
During the teen years, we provide the opportunity for your teen to have at least a portion of this visit with the parent out of the room.
At this visit we will:
• Measure your child’s weight and length and record on a growth curve.
• Complete sports physical forms and discuss sport safety (if your child is participating in sports).
• Review your child’s school performance.
• Reinforce healthy choices and risk behavior avoidance.
• Perform any recommended yearly screening tests (depending on family history, sexual activity etc.).
• Discuss exercise and nutrition, particularly in association with increased awareness of body image and diet.
• Complete driver’s permit if your child is 15y 6mo old or older.
Tests/Screens/Assessments: TB Surveillance, Anemia Surveillance, Dyslipidemia Surveillance, Adolescent Depression Screening, Urine Chlamydia Screen (females), Vision Testing, Hemoglobin Test (females)